To undertake a Connect 'n' Grow program, parental/guardian consent is required for students under the age of 18. This can be completed via the form below. (Hardcopy available on request)
Students' undertaking a Connect 'n' Grow Program are required to participate in an induction arranged by their teacher. The following is covered in the induction and further information can be provided to you on request:
- Explanation of the program outcomes – including a nationally recognised qualification or statement of attainment.
- Explanation of the way the program is structured, including the kind of assessments to complete.
- The fees associated with the program and the circumstances under which a refund may be granted.
- CNG may withhold issuance of a certificate upon completion/cancellation of a CNG program in the unlikely situation where my school's account remains unpaid (refer to CNG-school invoicing method).
- Understanding of the language, literacy or numeracy issues that may impact a student’s ability to complete the training program (any other concerns are to be discussed with your teacher).
- The ongoing support available from your Teacher (program deliverer) while undertaking the program.
- Assessment feedback and advice.
- How to access and view CNG’s Student Handbook and understanding the information contained therein.
- That CNG will use the information provided for the purpose of which it was collected and to assist in the administration of this program, including reporting of results to the national VET regulator.
- Student access to their own records through CNG administration.
- Student awareness on how to make a complaint and/or appeal if needed and to whom.
Photography and Publicity Consent Release Declaration
- I give CNG permission to use name, likeness, image, voice, and/or appearance of the learner as such may be embodied in any pictures, photos, video recordings, audiotapes, digital images, and the like, taken or made on behalf of the CNG’s programs.
- I agree that CNG have complete ownership of such pictures, etc., including the entire copyright, and may use them for any purpose consistent with the CNG mission. These uses include, but are not limited to illustrations, bulletins, exhibitions, videotapes, reprints, reproductions, publications, advertisements, and any promotional or educational materials in any medium now known or later developed, including the Internet.
- I acknowledge that the student and/or guardian will not receive compensation for the use of such materials, and hereby release them to CNG and its agents and assigns from any and all claims which arise out of or are in any way connected with such use.
- I have read and understood this consent and release.
- I understand that consent can be withdrawn at anytime in writing to the CEO at Connect 'n' Grow.
- A non-consent form can be requested if you do not wish to give consent to Connect 'n' Grow to use your name and likeness.
Responsibilities of Connect 'n' Grow, as the Registered Training Organisation (RTO):
- Provide training that responds to the learning needs of all students and is relevant to the training program.
- Provide assessment that is flexible and fair, which meets the assessment criteria of the national training package.
- Identify and provide language, literacy and numeracy support to students as required.
- Recognise qualifications and statements of attainment that a student may present that has been issued by another RTO.
- Provide all training and assessment once a student enrols and commences in their training program. See Student Handbook for further details.
- Consult with students and employers to gauge their satisfaction with services.
- Uphold our fees and refund policy and all other policies and procedures as outlined in the Student Handbook.
I give consent for the personal details (this may include name, phone and email) to be shared only with Connect ‘n’ Grow's (CNG) exclusive third party higher education alliance partners. This information will only be shared at the time of completion/cancellation from a CNG Program and used solely for the purposes of career advisory/education opportunities aligned to my interests. This includes Connect ‘n’ Grow-graduate exclusive special offers and discounts into articulating higher education courses (e.g. Cert IV, Diploma).
For a student to officially enrol the following requirements must be met:
- A valid Unique Student Identifier (USI) is required which has been successfully verified by the USI Registry.
- If a student is accessing Vocational Education and Training funding from the Queensland Government, confirmation of eligibility is required which is obtained by Connect 'n' Grow.
- A returned Parent/Guardian Consent Form or electronic acknowledgement.